Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Years

I spent my New Years 2008 with friends at the Madison (Bloor/Spadina). It is a collection of houses, I don't know, like three or five, converted into a multi level, multi patio bar. I have not been in forever so I decided that this was as good a place as any to spend the bringing in of the new year AND my birthday. Gawd, I am so old.

Predictably, the place was packed and there were a lot of girls dressed very hoochie. The ceiling over the dance floor in the basement had a huge leak so there were all of these people crowded around the edges of the soaked floor, dancing cautiously to avoid the steady stream in the centre. A worker came out with the intent to mop up a little but, seeing that it was a lost cause, abandoned the mop and went back to his regular duties. So now, I was dancing around a leak and a mop. I did not really care though, I was quite tipsy and I was having a lot of fun.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: