Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Musings

This weekend was crazy busy! I had a show on Saturday (a school fair where I sold my organic dog treats and accessories) and it was awful. I had never sold so little at a fair! I did not even cover the cost of my booth. Although I have done lots of school fairs, I have never been at one of this format. It did not work well at all so I likely won't be doing one like it again any time soon. Stella got her third set of shots on Saturday as well so she was feeling kind of tired and yucky, just like me!

On Sunday, My boyfriend and I took his mother and father to The Old Mill for Mother's Day. It was so great and she had a wonderful time. It was a little more than we could afford (okay, a lot more), especially with us going on vacation next week, but it was worth it. The food was incredible and there were a lot of vegetarian selections for me. The setting was beautiful and we walked around the gardens after brunch, taking a lot of photos.

When we got back from brunch with Mark's parents, we rollerbladed to Ontario Place where we spent the rest of the day with my mom and brother. That was also a lot of fun although my brother was acting like a total brat. It was a little too cold for the log ride he really wanted to go on so he really acted up. He was definitely not acting his age.

In my opinion, kids get away with way more than they should these days. My mother never put up with bad behaviour from me when I was a kid. If I had tantrummed like my brother did yesterday, she would have taken me straight home after thanking me for ruining an otherwise perfectly nice Mother's Day. I would have spent the rest of the day in my room. Now here she is, same mother 20 years later, buying him ice cream so he will forget about the log ride. It did not work, by the way.

Oh well, I guess that I shouldn't judge. I am not even a parent after all....cats and puppies don't count.

No comments: