Monday, April 9, 2007

My Boyfriend Cut His Lip With a Plastic Spoon

We were eating $5.50 per cup ice cream at the One of a Kind Spring Craft Show two weeks ago. I had just purchased a whimsical piece of artwork that probably would have cost half the price if I waited until for a lesser known craft fair to come around, when my my Boyfriend cut his lip with a plastic spoon. I did the same thing most any other caring, nuturing female would have done in my situation. I laughed really hard. I mean, c'mon, it's a plastic spoon. He was a little afronted, he insisted the spoon was abnormally sharp....and the edges were jagged. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and refrained from tattling when we met his friends at the bar later that week. Any one who knows me would be very impressed with my restraint.

So why am I bringing up something that happened two weeks ago? Yesterday evening, I handed my boyfriend a stick of gum (Wrigley's Spearment - I like my gum old school) and, well, he cut the roof of his mouth with it. Apparently, the corners of the gum are sharp....? Anyway, in the span of two weeks my boyfriend has cut his mouth with both a spoon and gum. I just had to share.

No comments: