Wednesday, April 4, 2007

New Guy at Work

The company that I work for has a sister company that is in the same location as us. we work together on a lot of stuff but our areas of expertise are slightly different. The sister company is a lot smaller with their 6 or so employees compared to our 50 + employees.

Anyway, our sister company had a few new hires last week. Both are goofy looking guys who seem to keep to themselves. At the end of the week early in the AM, though, one of the new guys introduced himself. Here is how the conversation went.

Him: Hello, we haven't met yet. I am (insert generic name here).

Me: Nice to meet you. How have you been enjoying it here so far?

Him: It's great but kind of confusing. I am not sure who belongs to what company.

Me: No worries, you will get used to it.

Him: So what do you do?

Me: I am one half of the marketing department. I am mostly in charge of the online stuff.

Him: Oh so you do the marketing stuff for us?

Me: No, I mostly do it for the other....

(this is where he cut me off)

Him: Oh Fuck, I don't want to talk to you, then.

And he stomped out of my office!

And that was how my Friday began. It pretty much followed that vein for the rest of the day.

No comments: