Friday, August 17, 2007

Busy Weekend, Two Farmers Markets!

Am I ever excited that the weekend is here! It is going to be a pretty busy one, really. The boring stuff includes cleaning out and organizing the storage locker and apartment, the so-so stuff involves baking more treats and writing some text for a client's website, and the fun stuff involves going to Centre Island to celebrate my mother's birthday and participating for the first time at the BirchCliff Farmers Market.

I will be sharing a booth with a really cool girl who sells amazing home made granola. It will be hard not to spend all my earnings on her creations. Last time I visited the market, I spent $20. I would've spent more, I am sure but it was all that I had in my wallet at the time. I baked a bunch this week so I would have enough for both the Withrow Park Farmers Market (Saturday) and the BirchCliff Farmers Market (Friday) but I received a rather large order in the middle of the week so now I will only have about 10 bags for each market. Not that I am complaining. Hopefully I will sell out!

There are so many great Farmer's Markets in Toronto. If you have the time, visit one (or both) of the ones I have mentioned. Here is a link to info about the the Withrow Park Farmers Market. I will update the info about the BirchCliff Farmers Market soon.

No comments: