A few of us went to see Sunday Night Live at the Diesel Playhouse (formerly Second City, which has now moved to King Street) this past weekend. I think it is only $10 to get in, which is totally worth it although we managed to score free tickets.
Sunday Night Live performs all new material each and every Sunday and some of the sketches are really pretty funny. The funniest sketch for me was the news updates. One of the first news stories that the actors brought up was Michael Vick and I cringed and held my breath. Vick is a real sore spot for me because he is such a big giant ass but I actually stopped cringing and started laughing over their jokes about the story.
So, here are some notes from my experience at the Diesel Playhouse, Sunday Night Live:
1. Anand Rajaram was the host this weekend and all I can say is that that guy has really pick nipples. That is an image that will be burned in my memory for a while!
2. The bartender looks like a bad ass but is actually very friendly. And patient. And great at coming up with sweet, girly concoctions when I can't make up my mind because the bar does not stock Sloe Gin or Galliano.
3. As typical, the fat guy is the funniest cast member.
4. The Diesel Playhouse is also showing Evil Dead, the Live Musical. My friend saw it and loved it, and now I want to go.
5. There is a free Evil Dead photo machine in the bar area. You can take a million photos of your self and still will not find one good enough to post on your blog.
After the show, we tried to go to BuskerFest but it was too late and we missed it. Ah well, it was a pretty fun end to an otherwise busy weekend. This weekend, the long weekend, I hope to finally go see the Simpsons!