Monday, November 19, 2007

Thinking Back to My Oregon Vacation

By the way, just to add to my last post, how I am thinking back to the time when I had the time to read a good fiction book, I will tell you when that was.

I was living in the States, goig to school. I was on summer break and decided to really take advantage of my break. I drove from Washington State to Oregon and then drove along the Oregon cost. I started reading the Stepahanie Plum series on that holiday, and still think the books are so clever and witty! Anyway, before I got to the Oregon Coast I stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. I do not even like cheese but it was quite the tour. I also went to a Wild Animal Petting Zoo and I played with a baby tiger and pet a baby lynx. I made the mistake of petting a goat too, and then the grumpy bugger followed me around the park head butting me in the butt every time I stopped petting it!

I shopped and touristed my way along the Oregon and then the California coast. To be honest, I did not really take my time because I thought the California coast was going to be so much better. It wasn't.

I have always thought about going back to Oregon and I was really hoping that a few of my freinds that graduated from Idaho State University would get jobs over in Oregon so I had a good excuse to visit the state. So far it hasn't happened. I think, though that I would like to rent a home or condo on the beach (way better than hotels!).

There is a site that specializes in Oregon Beach Vacations in general and a Lincoln City Holiday Vacation in particular. I should go check them out.



Of course, as we all know, I am Florida bound this February. Luckily there will be lots more vacations and lots more destinations!




No comments: