Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Diet Day Three: Big Screw Up and Biggest Loser (not me)

Okay, big screw up on my part today. Today's breakfast called for 1 cup bran cereal, 1 cup milk, .75 tsp of olive oil (yes, in the cereal), and 2 0z of cheese (not in the cereal). Well typically I buy 2%, lactose free milk and on Friday of last week, I had to send Mark to the store to get some milk for my mac and cheese casserole. He bought way too much and I did not want to throw it all out so I decided we would simply have to substitute the 2% for the 1% called for in the recipe and omit the oil, hoping everything would work out in the wash.


Except I was so tired this morning that I forgot to omit the oil (it was actually very good in the cereal, that was a surprise) AND Mark did not buy 2%, he bought whole milk and I did not notice as I poured. Mark told me about two - thirds through the meal that we were eating whole.


"So you're telling me that we are eating fatty milk AND oil in our cereal like losers?" I asked. "Yep" was his answer. Disgusted, I fished the rest of my cereal out of the bowl and dumped the rest of the milk.


So that was my first screw up on this diet.



Oh, new topic, The Biggest Loser was on last night and the coniving blue team threw the weigh in, which really bugs me. To purposely gain weight is so counterproductive to the reasons for being on the show, I hope they do not get away with it. Also, the girl on the red team that I can't stand switched trainers last night, like it is all her trainer's fault that she only loses about two pounds per week, and she did not lose ANYTHING! Talk about egg on your face! Any way, unless you watch the show religioulsy as I do (and possibly even then) this all sounds like nonsense. It is such a good show, though, and becuase it is the only one that fits with my night class schedule, it is the only one I have been able to watch this season.

No comments: