Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend Getaway in the Works

Not thisweekend but the following one the bf and I are packing up our Boston terrier, picking up a couple of friends, and heading for the woods. That is right we are going camping.

I have to be honest, as much as I am looking forward to being out in the wilderness, I am not without reservations. One of our friends that we have invited has never been camping before. Had I known this before I invited and she accepted, I might have thought of a different plan for this particular weekend.

It would have been so easy to come up with a different plan. A cheap plan. A plan that involves <Hotel Reservations. Sites like HotelReservations.com can offer some serious discounts for local and international locations. Another plus is that I can do everything from my computer on my lunch hour. After looking through their site, I realize I could have planned an entire mini vacation with a lot more ease than this whole camping trip. Not that I am not looking forward to my camping trip, of course. The bf is totally excited about it and has not been talking about much else since I made the suggestion a couple of weeks ago.

I am also excited about the fact that this will be my Boston terrier, Stella’s first camping trip. She doesn’t get off leash much so I am sure her reactions to everything are going to be. She will probably be sick after the first hour from stuffing everything that can fit into her mouth into her mouth!

Next time, however, I am going to plan things differently. I will pick some exotic location (Florida J) and book my Hotel Reservations online cheaply and easily. I have been surfing the site and it is pretty user friendly and fun.

If you book through HotelReservations.com, don’t forget to give me some feedback on your experience...both with booking and with how awesome your vacation was!




No comments: