Sunday, June 10, 2007

Why I Love My Condo

As proven this weekend when family came to town, smaller is definitely better! With my cozy-chic condo being a measly 630 square feet, there was simply no chance in hell that my visiting family could stay here at my place! My poor mom, they are all over at her house right now. She does not have a very large home but it is a palace compared to my pad.

I felt a little sorry for my mom when I first found out that the entire family would be staying with her all the way across town instead of in any of the Cheap Hotels in my neighborhood. Not sorry enough, of course, to stop myself from performing a little happy dance on my mom’s kitchen floor. My mother, who in my opinion was acting like a very sore loser, grumbled about it being unbecoming to gloat. She then looked pointedly at my new haircut and gave one those insults disguised as compliments. I believe that she, and all mothers of adult daughters, must take online classes specializing in passive-aggressive wordplay.

Personally, if I were my mother and I was facing the prospect of having man, woman, and children (including one teenager (shudder)) staying three full days in my house, I would simply and politely direct them to HotelReservations.com. Hotel Reservations.com is one of those all encompassing websites that can help anyone anywhere in the world book Cheap Hotels, car rentals, even vacation packages. The HotelReservations.com website comes complete with online and telephone booking, a destination guide and a lowest rate guarantee. It is crazy how many discounts my family could get from HotelReservations.com! And those discounts are not only available on Cheap Hotels but also on motels, fabulous resorts, bed and breakfasts and even condo rentals.

As an added bonus of booking through HotelReservations.com, my family would not have to suffer through any of my mother’s compliments that are really insults. It would be a win-win situation for everyone, really!


No comments: